CAS 2021 programme
The Climate Adaptation Summit (CAS) 2021 will consist of several complementary components over a 24-hour cycle starting Monday 25 January, to reach a global audience in spite of any ongoing COVID‑19‑related travel and meeting limitations.
- In the build-up to the online conference, various stakeholders will prepare contributions at Supporting Events.
- The Opening Session for invited dignitaries in the Netherlands will be streamed worldwide with Heads of State and Government joining in person or online.
- At Anchoring Events streamed from various time zones, stakeholders will develop the CAS 2021 Action Themes, combining the knowledge and needs of different regions.
- Responsible members of government in participating countries will share their views on climate adaptation action during an online Ministerial Dialogue.
- Throughout the Summit, the CAS 2021 team will continuously be reviewing ongoing and past Anchoring Events, to compile and present Editorial Picks for playback both during and after the Summit.
- Side Events initiated by third parties worldwide will bring together perspectives of relevant actors and communities.