CAS 2021 programme
The Climate Adaptation Summit (CAS) 2021 will consist of several complementary components over a 24‑hour cycle starting Monday 25 January, to reach a global audience in spite of any ongoing COVID‑19‑related travel and meeting limitations.
- In the build-up to the online conference, various stakeholders will prepare contributions at Supporting Events.
- The Opening Session in the Netherlands, with Heads of State and Government joining in person or online, will be streamed worldwide.
- At Anchoring Events streamed from various time zones, stakeholders will develop the CAS 2021 Action Themes, combining the knowledge and needs of different regions.
- At the Global Mayors’ Forum on Climate Adaptation, mayors from all over the globe will convene online and bring forward the voices of cities to CAS 2021.
- Responsible members of government in participating countries will share their views on climate adaptation action during an online Ministerial Dialogue.
- In Vanguard Cities Events, leading cities all over the world will show the path forward to move city-led nature-based solutions from good ideas to investment-ready projects.
- CAS Talks will guide you through the Summit highlights, with discussions on cross-cutting issues, perspectives from youth, minorities, and the private sector, and other topics.
- Throughout CAS 2021, a Cinema and a Library filled with Side Events contributed by partners worldwide will present views from a variety of actors and communities.
Read how to participate in CAS 2021.