CAS 2021 programme
The Climate Adaptation Summit (CAS) 2021 consisted of several complementary components over a 24‑hour cycle starting Monday 25 January. Video reports of these components are accessible through various playlists on CAS TV.
- In the build-up to the online conference, various stakeholders prepared contributions at Supporting Events.
- The Opening Session in the Netherlands, with Heads of State and Government joining in person or online, was streamed worldwide.
- At Anchoring Events streamed from various time zones, stakeholders developed the CAS 2021 Action Themes, combining the knowledge and needs of different regions.
- At the Global Mayors’ Forum on Climate Adaptation, mayors from all over the globe convened online and brought forward the voices of cities to CAS 2021.
- Responsible members of government in participating countries shared their views on climate adaptation action during an online Ministerial Dialogue.
- In Vanguard Cities Events, leading cities all over the world showed the path forward to move city-led nature-based solutions from good ideas to investment-ready projects.
- CAS Talks guided the participants through the Summit highlights, with discussions on cross-cutting issues, perspectives from youth, minorities, and the private sector, and other topics.
- The Closing Session constituted the link between CAS 2021 and the Davos World Economic Forum.
- After CAS 2021, a Cinema and a Library filled with Side Events contributed by partners worldwide present views from a variety of actors and communities.