Side Event contribution video specs
Great you are ready to boost the Climate Adaptation Summit 2021 with your valuable work by submitting your video for inclusion as a virtual ‘Side Event’ in the online programme.
Make sure you share content that is relevant to CAS 2021 and other participants. Please find the technical requirements for video below.
Video specs and requirements
Submit a clean feed (with no embedded subtitles, no titles, no lower thirds containing speaker names, no logos, etc). The CAS 2021 team will add CAS 2021 branding to the video.
When submitting, please attach to the video file:
- a separate document listing correct names and pictures of all speakers;
- if available, subtitles in an RST file;
- a representative video still in JPG format, in three sizes:
- 1500 x 800 pixels (landscape) for desktop use,
- 400 x 800 pixels (portrait) for mobile use, and
- 580 x 840 pixels (landscape) for use as a thumbnail.
Make sure your video feed meets the following standards:
- 1920 x 1080 HD resolution;
- 16:9 aspect ratio, landscape;
- highest bit rate possible;
- preferably ProRes or H.264.
Always make sure faces of speakers are evenly and well-lit. Here are a few tips that can help:
- Ensure the best light: Try to use soft, diffused natural light, front-lit. Facing a window with natural daylight is good, but not if this window transmits full-on direct sunlight (too intense).
- Watch for shadows: Lights from aside, above, below or behind will cast harsh shadows on a face or backlight it.
- Use a lamp: If the lighting is not adequate, place a desk lamp shining towards speakers (not directly in their faces).
- At night: Always test artificial lighting to find the right balance.
Don’t let poor sound ruin your story. Make sure to use a good microphone to record speakers and TEST your sound.
Many thanks for contributing to CAS 2021!